Watch videos with subtitles in your language, upload your videos, create your own subtitles! Click here to learn more on "how to Dotsub"

A Discussion on Intuition. Sadhguru

0 (0 Likes / 0 Dislikes)
(laughs)...See...If you just do what you feel is right and right now Meher your intuition is still not very dependable. People start developing these things for everything. When their logic fails, they will think that, you know, you want to do something. You don't know how to do it. You're not sure whether to do it or not do it. Then the simple solution they're taking is, ok, this finger is this, this finger is this yes/no, give it to the child. If he holds this "yes", if he holds this "no". This is not intuition. Your...No I will come to you. I am not, I am going more basic. The answer is not just about you. I am just using it. Now, this is just that your logic has become, you know, incapable. It's collapsed. Unable to come to a logical decision. So, you are succumbing to this simple way. If some child holds your hand like this or like this...yes or no Anyway,when there are two options, 50% of the time you could be right...yes? Being 50% of the time right is not good enough, isn't it? Yes? Isn't it so? (laughs)..I was, you know, some time ago I was visiting a homeopathic doctor There in his clinic they had put up an ad. Some homeopathic medicine which would work for all kinds of snake bites. You are living in Bombay, probably it's not an issue for you. Where I come from snakes are everywhere on a daily basis. So I looked at this and then I asked him, "How come this medicine you are advertising that it works for all kinds of snake bites because if you are not already aware of this, snake bites are fundamentally of two kinds. One type of venom attacks your cardiovascular system. Another kind of venom attacks your nervous system. They are two completely different kind of chemicals and it works upon your system in a different way. Generally for both, you have different types of antidotes, but for everything this particular medicine is suppose to work, how is that possible? So the doctor said, "See, in India, 90% of the Indian snakes are nonpoisonous so 90% of the time it works. (laughs)...So, that's not good enough, isn't it? If the remaining 10% which is crucial...Isn't it so? So, intuition, don't get into this thing about you trying to be intuitive. Never try to be intuitive. Logic is dependable. Isn't it? There are moments when there is certain clarity which has no logical explanation at that time it's ok. But you never try to be intuitive. If you try to be intuitive your logical mind will become deceptive and come to all kinds of stupid decisions. You will get suddenly guidance, voices from the heaven, you know? All kinds of voices people are hearing. Logic is dependable, go by it. At least you won't make a fool of yourself. There are moments when there is simple clarity for which there is no confusion. It's 100% clear. Then you go ahead. But now, whether you take a logical decision or an intuitive decision people around you will always protest if it doesn't agree with them. Isn't it so? Isn't it so? It's not because your are intuitive they are protesting. If you take a logical decision also they protest. If you take an intuitive decision also they protest if it's not in line with what they want. So that's a consequence that everybody has to face no matter what kind of decision you will take. Isn't it? That's something we must learn to handle, the social situation around us.

Video Details

Duration: 5 minutes and 6 seconds
Country: India
Language: English
License: All rights reserved
Producer: Isha Foundation
Director: Isha Foundation
Views: 107
Posted by: ishafoundation on Jul 11, 2010

http://www.ishafoundation.org/ A seeker discusses intuitive abilities. Sadhguru explains that people tend to develop these things when their logic fails. (SaO13)

Caption and Translate

    Sign In/Register for Dotsub above to caption this video.