Obtain your API credentials from the Kaltura Management Console
Your API credentials can be found by logging into you KMC account, under Settings > Integration > Account Info
Edit your VideoTMS™ Project's settings
Log into your VideoTMS account, select "Projects" from the main menu, and click the "Edit" icon, to edit your project's configuration.
Add a new OVP setting
On the project setup view, click "OVP" on the left-hand menu, select Kaltura from the drop down selection, and click the "+" button.
Fill the requested information
- Partner ID: Your Kaltura Partner ID obtained in step 1
- User ID: Your Kaltura User ID
- Password: Your Kaltura User Password
- Ingest Window: When ingesting new media, VideoTMS will ignore all new videos created/updated in Kaltura that are older than X days. Typically, a safe value is 3.
- Tags (ingest only): VideoTMS will process into its system only videos in your Kaltura account that have a specific tag.
It is very important that you make sure that the tag specified here and the tag you use in Kaltura match.
Any difference between the two will prevent the video from ingesting.
Tag Your Videos in Kaltura
Log back into your KMC account. You can now navigate to Content > Entries, and edit any media, by adding the tag specified on the Project's OVP configuration setup.
This media entry will be ingested into your VideoTMS project for processing, at the next ingest cycle. Please allow up to one hour for the new media to show up in VideoTMS.
When your workflow reaches the Push step, your text tracks will be automatically submitted to the relevant video In your Kaltura KMC Account, and will be visible in the Media entry > Captions area, and therefore on your Kaltura Player as well.
For further questions, feel free to reach out via the contact page.