Jobs at Dotsub
Dotsub is growing technology company that eliminates barriers to global communications.
Our innovative web-based platform empowers people to increase the value of online videos with captions and translations for subtitles to engage audiences and add global reach.
Dotsub's leadership is demonstrated through clients such as Airbnb, Amazon, Century21, Deloitte, EMC, HarvardX, Hearst, IBM, JPMorgan, Sotheby's, Tesla Motors, US Army, YouTube, Weather.com, World Bank, and others that pay us for technology licenses and professional services. Yes, solid business models and real revenues.
Now we're pushing into mobile, audio, text and self-serve models.
We value world-class technology, international work experience and language skills, and a flexible global working environment. Dotsub is looking for self-starting, autonomous, brainiacs who want to ROCK! Are YOU ready?
Freelance Subtitle Translators & Captioners
Looking to find freelance work online? We are looking for new subtitle translators and captioners to join our team of professionals!
Services required: Translation, Checking/editing, Captioning.
Subtitles should be translated into and captioned in several languages, including but not limited to:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Latin American Spanish
Should you be interested in participating in our projects, please fill out your information here to apply.
- Native or native-like level of proficiency in English and Target language, with a good command of both colloquial and written English and Target Language.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous experience in translation or proofreading is preferred.
- Positive, can-do spirit, proactive, result-driven, and resourceful.
- Captioning/video translation experience a plus.
Why become a captioner/translator at Dotsub?
- Work from home. There are no limitations as to the location.
- Everything is done online. You won't need to install any software - we will give you access to the tool.
- We have a wide variety of content available.
- Get started easily. All you need is a computer, broadband internet, and strong English skills.
Pacific Project Manager
Looking for a dynamic work environment? We need a Project Manager to cover our growing customer base in the West Coast!
We are looking for an experienced project manager to become part of our tightly knit Production Team. We need someone with practical working knowledge of the translation and localization process.
Quality is in your hands! Working directly with our clients - we can't stress this enough - you must have excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. You will need to be able to handle multiple projects - keeping them in line and on time.
This is a full time position and reports to a Senior Project Manager and the Director of Language Services. Although your location is not important, your time zone is - we need to cover the Pacific Time Zone business day. Fear of technology is a non-starter, so please ensure you feel comfortable working remotely and have the appropriate tools!
- You are the central point of contact between Dotsub and our clients - in good times and bad!
- Working with Account Managers and clients to understand projects and expectations
- Understanding what each project entails: resources, turnaround-time, scheduling, etc.
- Assigning projects to appropriate talent and/or vendors
- Following up on projects to ensure quality expectations and deadlines are met
- Enforcing quality and project style guidelines
- Planning, scheduling and meeting tight deadlines
- Ensuring happy clients by delivering successful projects from end to end
- Developing creative proposals to streamline processes
- Identifying new solutions to meet the client's needs
- Educating the client as needed on Dotsub technologies
- English fluency is required
- Ability to keep calm and carry on in times of stress
- Proven experience managing client relationships
- Relevant experience in translation and localization technology
- Multi-tasking abilities and rapid response
- Work well with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Adaptability to change; flexibility
- Attention to detail
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience managing translation projects
- Bilingual or trilingual is good
To apply for this position, please complete the application form.
We are looking for talented developers to help us move forward in the fast pace field of language-enabled online video. Dotsub's Translation Content Management System is just one of our products that helps our clients open their video content to hundreds of millions new viewers in their own language.
- Write beautiful code
- Enthusiastic about creating new features
Skills that would earn you bonus points
- Java programming knowledge
- Build automation (maven, git)
- Experience with existing video platforms (VideoJS, Brightcove, JW5)
Contact us about this position Please include "Developer" in the subject line
User Experience/User Interface Designer
Dotsub is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join our creative team. You will be responsible for improving the visual look and user experience of our site. You will be for creating wireframes, html-mockups and prototype UI's to test and recommend changes that will improve the experience for our users and clients.
- HTML and CSS
Skills that would earn you bonus points
- Experience in coding
- Experience with online video players
Contact us about this position Please include "User Experience/User Interface Designer" in the subject line