Jobs at Dotsub
Dotsub is growing technology company that eliminates barriers to global communications.
Our innovative web-based platform empowers people to increase the value of online videos with captions and translations for subtitles to engage audiences and add global reach.
Dotsub's leadership is demonstrated through clients such as Adobe, Bank of America, Electronic Arts, GE, Port Authority NY/NJ, NHL Players Association, SONY, US Army, WETA, and others that pay us for technology licenses and professional services. Yes, solid business models and real revenues.
Now we're pushing into mobile, audio, text and self-serve models.
We value world-class technology, international work experience and language skills, and a flexible global working environment. Dotsub is looking for self-starting, autonomous, brainiacs who want to ROCK! Are YOU ready?
Experienced English Captioner
We are looking for a part-time English captioner to work from 4 PM EST to 8 PM EST (to be confirmed), Monday to Friday. The captioner will have a queue of work expected to be completed during that period.
- Proven experience in closed-captioning (samples required).
- Detail-oriented: punctuation, spelling, and grammar should be 100% correct. Quality must be consistent.
- Mother tongue: English.
You would be working with a variety of content types, mostly short videos. Depending on project needs, you may be doing 508-compliant captions, so you should have deep knowledge and understanding of the DCMP Captioning Key.
No special software is required. You would be working entirely on our web-based platform, so you need to have a fast and reliable internet connection.
Candidates who pass the initial screening will be asked to take a short test to assess their skills.
To apply, please send your CV, samples, and cover letter letting us know why you would be a good fit at firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref. English Captioner). Immediate availability is preferred.
Project Manager (linguistic)
Dotsub has an opening for an experienced project manager who will work specifically for one of our largest and extremely high visibility enterprise customers. This position will be working on one specific account and will interact on a daily basis directly with the client reporting to the Director of Operations and Language Services. This position is on a freelance basis to start and could turn into a full time position with Dotsub depending on additional volume for our client, and the performance of the candidate.
Position ResponsibilitiesServing as the central point of contact between Dotsub and our client which includes:
- Qualifying linguistic resources
- Assigning and trafficking translations in over 53 languages
- Fielding and answering production and linguist questions from language resources
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Meeting budgets
- Planning budgets, schedules, strategy
- Developing proposals
- Identifying new solutions to meet the client's needs
- Participating in kick-off and debrief meetings for new client initiatives
- Educating the client as needed on Dotsub technologies
- Meeting with and entertaining with the client
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures
- Build relationships with clients, coworkers, vendors and partners
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Commit to a high level of service
- Take active measures to solve problems
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience
- Bilingual (or tri-lingual) a huge plus
- 1-3 years experience in translation and localization industry
- Proven experience managing client relationships
- Proven experience developing budgets, timelines and strategies
- Proven strategic thinking abilities
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with desktop publishing and translation technologies
- Bachelor's or equivalent
Contact us about this position Please include "Project Manager" in the subject line
Project Manager (DotWords Milan)
The ideal candidate will have a degree in modern languages or the equivalent, and at least three years of experience as a Project Manager with a Language Services Provider in Italy or abroad. He or she must be proficient in English, Italian and at least one other language.
In addition, the candidate will have extensive experience with CAT tools (preferably certified by the main providers), have supplier management expertise, as well as excellent project analysis capabilities.
The candidate must be able to work independently on a performance-by-objectives basis. Also, because the candidate will be working directly with clients, this post requires excellent interpersonal skills.
For the right candidate with the competences and abilities we require, we offer a competitive salary.
Contact us about this position Please include "Project Manager (DotWords Milan)" in the subject line
We are looking for talented developers to help us move forward in the fast pace field of language-enabled online video. Dotsub's Translation Content Management System is just one of our products that helps our clients open their video content to hundreds of millions new viewers in their own language.
- Write beautiful code
- Enthusiastic about creating new features
Skills that would earn you bonus points
- Java programming knowledge
- Build automation (maven, git)
- Experience with existing video platforms (Brightcove, JW5)
Contact us about this position Please include "Developer" in the subject line
User Experience/User Interface Designer
Dotsub is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join our creative team. You will be responsible for improving the visual look and user experience of our site. You will be for creating wireframes, html-mockups and prototype UI's to test and recommend changes that will improve the experience for our users and clients.
- HTML and CSS
Skills that would earn you bonus points
- Experience in coding
- Experience with online video players
Contact us about this position Please include "User Experience/User Interface Designer" in the subject line